Friday, August 20, 2010

Ne-Yo’s New Album, Hat and Fragrance Line Coming Up!

The hardest part of being a gentleman is: there’s always a speculation of one’s sexual orientation. Ne-Yo, however, has learned to brush these things off and walk proud with his signature style. In fact, the R&B singer is so into his style, that he’s been trying to change the ways of your average g’s into classy gents since the release of his 2008 album, “Year of The Gentlemen”. So, move over Kanye and Rosewood movement, Ne-Yo is down with the whole gentleman steez and he’s coming up with a hat and fragrance line. Ne-Yo revealed the plan to MTV:

“I’ve been talking to some people about doing a hat line, in that the hat is what I’m most known for. Weird, right? That the hat is more popular than the music? And possibly a fragrance, but I don’t know what I smell like so I don’t know if I want people to smell like me. I mean, I know I don’t stink. But everything is in conversation right now.”

Although busy with his upcoming album “Libra Scale”, Ne-Yo still pays a good attention to his style. About the importance of style, he stated:

“I feel like clothing is a lot like music, it’s a representation of who you are. So if you are a slouch, if you are an idiot, then dress like that, go ahead, belt your jeans at your thighs, and keep your jeans hanging out so everyone can see your boxer shorts even though we didn’t ask, go ahead. Wear your shirt 17 sizes too big, please, by all means, because that’s who you are. … Again, what you look like, speaks before you speak.”

Noting down that being a gentleman is not only about the outlook, Ne-Yo also stated that he wants to continue The Year of The Gentleman.

“I feel like people missed the point of the Year of The Gentlemen thing. People think, ‘OK, if I put a suit on, I’m a gentleman, right?’ No! You could put a ribbon on a pig, but it’s still a pig, it just has a ribbon on it now. It’s not all about looking good, because you can look good and still be a jerk.”

What will his hat line look like? SoJones noted down the importance of tracking this because we feel it’s going to be a hit.